Tuesday 15 December 2015

Two arrested over death of businessman in Edo

Image result for pictures of arrested nigerian men

Two persons, including the head of Idughiamwen quarters, Ikhueniro community in Uhunmwode local government area of Edo State, Chief Famous Onozigue, have been arrested in connection with the murder of a businessman in a brothel, the Corner Rest Guest House.


The other suspect, Osaro Igbineweka, is an auto mechanic.

They were both arrested after the deceased identified as Godwin Aimufua died from injuries sustained after a plank was hit on his head.

Both suspects are trading words over who hit Aimufua on the head.

Sources said the deceased visited Chief Famous and they both went to the brothel to have drinks when fight which resulted in Aimufua’s death broke out.

The source said the deceased fought Osaro inside the bar and Chief Onozigue picked a plank to hit Osaro but mistakenly hit his friend instead.

The village head, who claimed to be 35 years old, denied involvement in the fight, saying it was Osaro that hit his friend with a plank during a fight between them.

He said, “I am a traditional ruler, the Okao of Idughiamwen Community in Ikhueniro. The bar man did not come to attend to us on time. My friend went inside the bar to collect the beer.”

“I did not know what happened inside between my friend and the bar man and that boy called Osaro.”

“The next thing I saw was a fight between my friend and Osaro. The boy ran out and picked a stick and used it on my friend’s head. I quickly rushed my friend to hospital before he died.”

Osaro, aged 27, told our reporter that he was waiting to collect his balance when the deceased attacked him for interrupting the bar attendant.”

No comments: