Wednesday 26 April 2017

He has another wife and child outside our home —Wife


A housewife, Mrs. Nimota Ajayi, has urged an Igando Customary Court in Lagos State, to dissolve her six-year-old marriage to her husband, Suleimon, because of his penchant for womanising.

The petitioner claimed that they got married in the Islamic way and also got married at a registry in Ilorin, Kwara State.

“My husband sleeps with different girls in our neighbourhood. I have caught him several times but I kept quiet hoping that he would change.

“My concern and fear grew when a particular girl kept coming to our house not minding if I was around. I confronted her and she claimed then that she was six months pregnant for my husband even though her stomach was flat.

“My husband refused to comment on the matter as at that time claiming that he was not having any affair with her. He even swore with the Qur’an and the bible. I believed him and ignored the girl anytime she comes around.

“Trouble however started when my husband started spending nights outside our house. I got to know that he had rented a room for the girl three streets from our house. I was upset and reported him to his parents. They called for a meeting but he refused to honour it. I later learnt that the girl gave birth to a son in my mother-in-law’s house.”

She said she has been the one paying the children’s school fees and feeding.

The mother of two begged the court to dissolve the marriage, stressing that she was tired of shouldering all the responsibilities.

The respondent denied the allegations, claiming that he does everything to satisfy his wife and children.

“My wife is making up these stories. She is fond of hearing gossips and hearsays. I don’t have another child outside wedlock. My wife is just jealous of some of my female friends and to be honest, all I do for them is just advice them.

“I have reported her to her parents several occasions, but she refuses to change. I am not a womaniser. I don’t understand why she is so desperate to end this marriage. I am still in love with my wife as she has stood by me through all the seasons,” he said.

President of the court, Mr Adegboyega Omilola adjourned the matter t

No comments: