Monday 24 June 2019

Neighbour cons 12-year-old into setting grandparents ablaze - Shepherd Digest Magazine

Image result for Neighbour cons 12-year-old into setting grandparents ablaze

A 12-year-old boy from Mathonisa rural area in Zimbabwe has set his grandparents’ house alight while they were fast asleep, after he claimed that a neighbour, Heavy Nkomo, conned him into doing it.

iHarare on Tuesday reported that the neighbour wanted the minor to kill his 68-year-old grandmother Maggie Siziba and 88-year-old blind great-grandfather, so that they could inherit their television, DVD player, a solar panel and battery.

A visibly shaken Maggie Siziba narrated the horrific incident.

“Last week on Tuesday, I woke up to flames on the bed and that is when I realized our whole house was on fire. I screamed for help and our neighbours rescued us though we lost everything,” she said.

“We lost our property, identification particulars and clothes including food and we have nowhere to go. I use crutches and I am temporarily living in Bulawayo with my daughter,” she said.

Matabeleland North Police spokesperson Inspector Siphiwe Makonese could not be reached for comment.

No comments: