Thursday 7 November 2019

Neighbours exchange blows over man's love - Shepherd Digest Magazine


Shepherd Digest Magazine

Villagers were forced to watch a free wrestling match after a woman pounced on her neighbor with kicks and blows accusing her of plotting to spoil her marriage on Thursday at Birongo in Kisii County.

Veronica Nyabate attacked her neighbor, Rehema Osebe accusing her of being her husband’s secret lover. 

“Osebe has been coming to my house at night for the last 2 weeks. I requested my husband to give me his phone to call my mother then I stumbled on love messages written by Osebe to my husband,” said Nyabate. 

Nyabate said she rushed to Osebe’a home and ordered her to come out and upon questioning her why she has been sending love messages to her husband she refused to explain.

"I attacked her to teach her a lesson and show her that I am to defend my marriage. Let her find a different man and leave my husband,” said Nyabate.

Area assistant chief, Enock Osinya said other neighbors watched the free wrestling instead separating the two.

“It is sad that neighbors wanted Nyabate to kill Osebe by failing to separate them from fighting. We should be good keepers and stop unnecessary fights in the village,” he said. 

He lauded Nyumba Kumi officials who rushed to the homestead to rescue Osebe. The chief warned Osebe against sending love messages to Nyabate’s husband to avoid more trouble.

No comments: