Tuesday 17 November 2015

Bad company made me a robber -Suspect

Solomon-Arase1

An armed robbery suspect has blamed his woes on bad company.

Amusa Andy who was arrested after a robbery incident narrated in Lagos that he was a responsible man before he met one Ayoola who introduced him into the crime world.

“Really, I was arrested for armed robbery by the Police but I will be frank with you, the robbery was planned by one of my friends, Ayoola. I was a very homely and good guy before I met him. He was the mastermind of the robbery. He provided the guns we used. I don’t really handle guns but Ayoola and others were armed.

“He told me that he had a good job for me since I lost my job in a manufacturing company. I followed him to a place he said we were going to do the negotiation. When we arrived there, we met two other guys that he introduced as his business partners. After discussing with them, Ayoola told me that I would be going for a robbery operation with them. I had no person that I could run to for safety I then asked how safe was the operation?

“Ayoola explained that we were going to rob a woman of her hand bags containing money. He said the woman had money running into millions of Naira. He told me that as a woman, the operation would not be difficult. I followed them. It was Ayoola that provided the guns that we used.

“When we arrived the scene of the operation, Ayoola pointed a gun at the woman and ordered me to snatch her bag. I did it successfully and handed it over to one of the two guys that followed us.
Immediately, I handed the bag to the man, they took off with the bag, I also fled the scene. It was while trying to escape that some sympathisers started pursuing us and I was arrested while Ayoola and his criminal friends escaped.

“I was arrested and handed over to the Police after I was given the beating of my life. Anyway, my arrest is a very big deliverance for me, because if I had escaped, maybe, I would have become a professional armed robber. But with my arrest now, I can easily repent. In fact, those who know me will be very surprised to hear that I went for robbery. I was a very good guy until I met Ayoola.

“I want to beg the government to please forgive me for I am a first time offender. I had never been involved in any crime. Let the Police tamper justice with mercy. I also want my family to forgive me because I have brought the family name into disrepute. The devil really used Ayoola to ruin me. I don’t know where Ayoola live. What did I gain from tarnishing my father’s name? I gained nothing and that is why I am advising the youths to be careful so as not to join evil gang. They should learn from my mistakes”

A police detective said the suspect was being economical with the truth. “This man and others now on the run have been on the wanted list of the police. The gang had been terrorising the state. They operated everywhere, we have been looking for the gang from Ikorodu down to Ajah, we could not get them until they went to snatch a bag from a woman who raised the alarm. I think nemesis has caught with in.”

The State commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni said the suspects would soon be charged to the court after investigation.

No comments: