Tuesday 10 September 2019

Husband attempts suicide after wife denies him sex for 7 months - Shepherd Digest Magazine

Article Image

A 29-year-old man is fighting for his life in hospital after he attempted suicide over sex.

Geoffrey Oteyo who hails from Nyamarambe in South Mugirango, Kisii County said his wife, Millicent Oteyo, has denied him sex for 7 months now pushing him to the edge and attempting suicide.

“My wife has been sleeping in bed with her cloths. She has denied me sex for the last 7 months. I had no option rather to take my life because I feel that she is playing me with another man,” Oteyo said in a note he wrote before he took poison.

The man’s wife said he found her husband lying down in their bedroom unconscious on Thursday morning and a bottle of poison was by his side. 

“I am 7 months pregnant that is why we have not been making love. I explained to him to allow me to give birth before we can have sex but it seems he could not understand me. He took poison but neighbours who responded to the alarm I raised rushed him to Tabaka hospital where he is recuperating,” said the woman.

According to her, she doesn’t have another man as her husband claimed in the note. 

Charles Orenge, area assistant chief confirmed the incident and said men should understand their wives before making such misguided decisions.

He said Oteyo married 3 years ago and they are expecting their first born in 2 months time.

No comments: